It’s that time again! Here’s your mid-week roundup of DIY projects – this time we are looking at easy ways you can add some flair to your wedding envelopes.
Image- Love My Dress
Make Your Own Envelopes
Image- The Pretty Blog
- Fashion your envelopes out of doilies via Ruffled.
- Avie Designs Stationery also has 3 darling projects you’ll love!
- Are you having a rustic wedding- I found this great burlap envelope DIY over at Holly Dolly.
- Love this template designed by Seven Swans for some really fun double-sided envelopes via The Pretty Blog.
- If you want something a bit more standard but still lovely, check out this DIY envelope and inlay project from B. Loved.
Add Pretty Liners
Image- DIY Bride
- Speaking of inlays- here is a DIY on photo-lined envelopes via Melissa & Beth.
- For liner templates and tutorials head on over to Hello lucky, Love My Dress, Wedding Lovely and Brooklyn Bride. The Elli Blog also provides stylish liner templates – one lace and one woodgrain for a rustic theme.
- You can find more projects on The Sweetest Occasion, DIY Bride, Bayside Bride, Boho Weddings, The Lane, Martha Stewart Weddings.
DIY Your Calligraphy
Image- The Postman’s Knock
- I have the worst handwriting! When we were addressing our wedding envelopes, I considered using the faux calligraphy technique but just didn’t have the time- if you can plan for it, here is a walk-through from Two Delighted. Their DIY also shows you a pretty way to package your envelope with twine and cutouts so it’s definitely worth a look!
- For an alternate project, check out The Postman’s Knock.
Close With Style
Image- Honestly WTF
- Here are some handy address labels on Martha Stewart Weddings.
- This is a lovely tutorial to give your envelopes a nice gold edge via 100 Layer Cake.
- Take a look at these embellishment projects- lace-trimmed envelopes at How Did You Make This and an envelope lace band tutorial from Corinna Wraps.
- Why not create a monogram and make labels to seal your envelopes? If you want to use a template to do this, try the customizable monogram template from Wedding Chicks or this printable envelope seal from Polka Dot Bride.
- To stamp your envelopes with your monogram rather than use a label- here is a tutorial via Design Sponge.
- I love the idea of using a wax seal-check out Craft Unleashed, Honestly WTF and RageHaus for the how-to. Inspired Goodness has an alternative DIY using a glue gun wax seal.
- You can achieve an engraved look on your envelopes using rubber stamps and embossing in this tutorial from Antiquaria on Oh So Beautiful Paper.
- If you want to create a design pattern have a go at this embossed envelope project from Running Blonde.
As always, happy crafting!
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST