Maybe you’re a local who loves Barbados or a visitor who appreciates the natural beauty of our island- either way, hopefully our environment holds some importance for you. Here’s some inspiration for an eco-friendly garden wedding.
Eco-Chic Wedding Dresses
Eco-Chic Bridesmaid Dresses
Images- Dalina (Etsy)
Support Local Designers
Be sure to check out the work of local designers such as Avark and Shakad Designs (eco-friendly wedding dresses and suits), Limestone Design Studio, Luna Designs , Angelique Custom Creations (eco-friendly and handmade jewelry).
Eco-Chic Décor and Details
Images- Eco-Beautiful Weddings (Comfort Studio Photography), Kaboodle, Jessica Risko Smith Interior Design (Lepere Studio) via Houzz, Ruffled (Christa Elyce Photography), Oil and Wax, Emmaline Bride, April Hiler Designs
- Create a gorgeous, natural aisle using large leaves (banana in this case).
- Mason jars and light-bulbs make for a charmingly sweet chandelier. This is from a store but it looks like a doable DIY. Almost anything can be re-used to create unique décor, just have fun being creative.
- Plants, such as succulents, make beautiful centerpieces that can be later planted in your future garden. They also make great favors. (See No. 6 for a handy tutorial)
- Burlap is a trending eco-friendly product that can easily be incorporated in many of your wedding details.
- Another favor idea- these handmade eco-friendly soy candles from Oil and Wax.
- If you love the idea of using plants as décor take a look at these instructions on making a DIY Succulent Centerpiece.
- This all-natural ring-bearer’s pillow is chic and would make an easy DIY project- here’s a useful tutorial or you can simply buy it on Etsy.
In lieu of wedding gifts, you can consider asking your guests to make donations to the Future Centre Trust, Barbados National Trust,The Barbados Marine Trust or The Barbados Environmental Association.
Garden/outdoors wedding venues in Barbados: