from the photographer: “Nicole and Cody’s love affair with Bali began a year or so prior to their actual wedding day. They were in Uluwatu (southern Bali) on a trip and absolutely fell head over heels with the magical island. One of their vacation days was spent at the famed Alila Villas, with cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean and they told each other then and there that when they got married, they would get married here. They put it out into the universe and it manifested ten fold. Alila Uluwatu is modern and luxurious and a photographer’s dream. Nicole and Cody share a modern aesthetic, their big day had a neutral, yet tropical feel. White and cream florals, bountiful greenery and romantic white linens and candlesticks. It was a Balinese fairytale for sure.
Some of my favorite memories from their perfect wedding weekend include…
1) Seeing them for the first time as they crossed a bridge to their rehearsal dinner at the breathtaking Bvlgari Resort. I hadn’t seen them since their engagement session, we shared a “can you believe this?!?!” hug and I thanked all my lucky stars for the experience!
2) Swimming with tropical fishies in the Indian ocean on the morning of their wedding day.
3) All of Cody’s happy tears as he saw Nicole for the first time walking down the aisle. There wasn’t a dry eye in attendance.
4) Being told to zip up my gear bag because there was a naughty monkey in the trees above me during golden hour portraits and it would have no problem grabbing one of my lenses and running away with it.
5) Meeting and connecting with their friends and family who beamed with joy the entire weekend.”
from the bride, Nicole: We created our wedding vision by knowing we wanted to surround ourselves by family and best friends in one of our favorite places in the world. While not everyone close to us was able to make the journey, we wanted this small group of people to talk to, eat/drink, dance and celebrate with as we entered into the rest of our lives together. Bali was our first big vacation/adventure and we thought it would be so fitting to be the place we began our marriage. Being able to have such an amazing moment in our lives with those closest to us on this beautiful island was the icing on the cake. We were overwhelmed by the love and support shown by each and every person there.
Photography: Eryn Chandler Photography | Venue: Alila Villas Uluwatu | Beauty: Yeanne Makeup | Planning/Florals/Design: Paper Diamonds | Bridal Gown: Kleinfeld Bridal, NYC | Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Groom’s Attire: Anderson & Sheppard | Sound & lighting: Virtuoso Bali | Tableware: The Host Table | Cake: Butter Bali | Videography: Leura Film | Furniture: Bali Event Hire