Tackling your paper products yourself can be a great way to save money on your wedding. With that in mind, here are some links to help you DIY your wedding ceremony programs ranging from the sweet and simple to the über-chic:
- Program paddle fans are a great idea if you are having an outdoors wedding in the summer or in the tropics because they help your guests to keep cool. For the how-to, check out this tutorial on Wedding Bee from Mrs. Bunting. The pic in the top-left corner is taken from this DIY on Sweet Violet Bride from Anna Skye of Download & Print. Intimate Weddings has a similar DIY – this one includes a fun game for guests to play while they wait for the ceremony to begin.
- If you are looking for something basic but cute then take a look at the tutorials provided at Wedding Obsession and e.Claire Creations.
- Here’s a great practical idea- use ceremony programs which can do double duty as CD favors. Style Me Pretty has this awesome project sent in by Bliss Wedding Market. You can also find a similar tutorial over at Instructables.
- The Queen of craft- Martha Stewart– has a number of DIY ideas that you will find interesting including the two pictured in the last row of the above pic. The first is a program with packets of confetti and the second is a program with a jacket of taffeta ribbon. In another DIY you can learn to embellish your programs with ribbon binding or yarn stitches. Other projects include accordion fold ceremony programs, bow-shaped programs and for the destination bride there is even a handy luggage tag design. There is also a Program Covers Template available with a lovely motif.
- I love the idea of having a pocket for your programs which you can hang on the seats – this is a great way of adding some extra style to your decor. You can find that DIY along with instructions on making ribbon wands at Green Wedding Shoes from the team at Smitten on Paper.
As always, happy crafting my friends!