Hi my lovelies. It’s mid-week and I hope it’s a great one for you. Recently I was thinking about how much easier it is for brides today who are creating their weddings on a budget using DIY. Simply because there are just so many tutorials out there and plenty of gorgeous weddings to draw inspiration from!!
And you know what- if you are attracted to a very romantic, feminine aesthetic (guilty as charged), using very whimsical details, which are usually easy to DIY, works quite nicely in the overall design of your event.
These are some of my favourite ideas:
Images- Southern Weddings (Brooke Images Photography), The Cake Blog, Tikkido, Rule42, Rachel A Clingen Wedding & Event Design, Lille Syster, Jessica Claire Photography, Hostess with the Mostess, Chickabug
- Using ribbons or fabric cut into strips is an easy and pretty DIY. This wedding is a great, colourful example of the many details you can create including using bunting to garnish ceremony chairs.
- Don’t you just love this stunning paper rose cake? Check out the tutorial which uses a simple DIY paper flower project from Martha Stewart .
- I have never been a big fan of balloons (the spontaneous popping is just too much) but the idea to adorn one with a simple garland makes for very pretty décor.
- and 8. Pinwheels are another fun idea to create a bit of romantic magic. This gorgeous wedding uses pinwheels, paper flowers and balloons with amazing artistry.
- to 7. More great examples of using paper flowers for soft, delicate touches. In pic 5 a gorgeous and textured backdrop of paper flowers is created to accent the room. Pics 6 and 7 reflect the different forms of paper flowers which can be designed to create the effect you are looking for. Here’s a rolled paper flower tutorial and a lovely crepe paper flower DIY to get you started. Also take a look at this wedding which used paper flowers for bouquets and centerpieces.
I saved the best for last- pic 9 shows an utterly gorgeous DIY butterfly chandelier from Girl Inspired. So in love with this!
To bring you more inspiration and ideas, I am going to start a DIY Wednesday series where each week I will do a round-up of pics and links to tutorials you can use for your wedding projects. If you have any projects you would love to share please feel free!!