Hey guys! Happy to say that Barbados was spared from any damage or injuries from Tropical Storm Chantal. Unfortunately there were reports of some damage in Dominica and St. Lucia but thankfully no one was hurt. Will pray that the remaining countries in the path of this strengthening storm will be fine.
Now, on to today’s DIY Wednesday- we have a great roundup of projects you can use to create lovely backdrops for your head tables, cake tables, photo booths etc.
- This fun and cheery ombre paper chain backdrop on Floridian Weddings (Michelle March Photography) can easily be recreated. Here’s a great tutorial over at Love, Joleen Photography to get you started.
- I love the ruffled shower curtain on Just Called Me Blessed– you can convert this into a wedding backdrop and enjoy all the pretty!
- Now this is truly the backdrop of backdrops consisting of 1,000 paper cranes!! Boho Weddings has the link. Image by Jess Petrie Photography.
- Check out the DIY floating heart backdrop on Random Tuesdays!
- The ribbon and lace backdrop tutorial on Oh Lovely Day from Michaela Noelle Designs would be so awesome for a shabby-chic or elegant bohemian wedding. Over at Rubies and Ribbon is a beautiful layered ribbon backdrop project that’s also worth checking out.
- Martha Stewart Weddings shows you how to create this lovely cornflower and melon custom backdrop (Jeff Loves Jessica Photography).
- Remember the gorgeous mirror backdrop from this DIY? Well click here for another lovely idea – this one using mirror paper instead of mirror garlands from the folks at Fourteen-Forty.
- The lovely folded paper backdrop in the shape of a heart is from Oh So Beautiful Paper. You can find the tutorial here.
- I noticed that geometric patterns are trending in weddings again- A Ruffled Life has a great photo wall DIY which can spark some ideas.
- This purple fringed backdrop was created for a bridal shower from Hey Love Designs.
- The textured paper flower background from Hank & Hunt via Ruffled as well as the purple fringed backdrop (#10) were created on foam boards for easy portability.
- The Honeycomb Collective outlines how to create this fringed scalloped paper backdrop in a tutorial on Ruffled (Jeff Loves Jessica Photography).
- Christine of Oh Joy Events and Xiaolu from 6 Bittersweets created this adorable clothespin backdrop via Chickabug!!
- Ruche in collaboration with Summer from Grey Likes Weddings, provides the tutorial for this backdrop of yarn balls and mixed media streamers. Art Direction/Photography by Stephanie Williams.
- Pinwheels are a favourite of mine- get instructions on this backdrop from Ruffled. Wedding Chicks also has a tutorial which shows you how to create the same backdrop with some lovely ombre shades on your pinwheels.
- I would love to try this cascading paper flower garland to spruce up the apartment. Details provided at Lia Griffith.
- These giant paper flowers created by Ruche are amazing! Click here for the tutorial on Design Sponge.
- Go boho-chic with these hanging embroidery hoops from Martha Stewart Weddings. The Lane uses lace doilies inside the hoops with this tutorial.
I just adore all the creative inspiration floating out there on the interwebz! It’s exciting for craft nerds like me