Hey guys, welcome to another DIY Wednesday! Today we’re looking at adding some sparkle (yay!!) with some fun glitter projects.
- This DIY sparkly lantern from Two Delighted is perfect for parties and weddings- especially for those held over the Christmas holidays or for New Year’s events. Oh Happy Day also has a great tutorial for this.
- I have to admit a certain giddy delight with these adorable glitters hearts used as a cake topper from Sugar & Cloth. Another lovely way to use this idea- add a name tag to each and place them on your reception tables as alternative place cards, better yet, if you’re having cupcake favors, why not plant a heart in each cupcake with your guest’s name attached?
- You can also use glitter to create gorgeous table numbers using this DIY from Atelier Joya.
- These DIY glitter vases from The Sweetest Occasion would make gorgeous centerpieces.
- I love the idea of using the glittery clothespins on Creature Comforts to hold escort cards in a hanging display. You can also use them to hold your table numbers.
- Are you having a signature cocktail at your wedding? Glitter dot swizzle sticks (another fab DIY at The Sweetest Occasion) would be fun way to spice up the presentation.
- If you decide to DIY your invitations, adding some sparkle to your envelope liners (Funkytime Magazine) could be a fun additional project.
- DIY glitter votives on 100 Layer Cake are presented with various designs to try out. The Glitter Guide also has a neat tutorial demonstrating how you can create a pretty tablescape by embellishing these and other objects.
- Sweet little bags filled with confetti for your guests to shower you with are given a glam makeover! Here’s the DIY via Oh Lovely Day.
- The Elli Blog has a lovely tutorial on creating this cute glittery Mr. & Mrs. Chair banner.
- I adore these gold and glitter dipped feathers on Ryan+Michelle+Ellie – I would love to see them used at a vintage glam wedding!
- O.k. so totally unrelated to weddings, I know, but adding glitter to your iPhone case is just so nifty- I love it!! On I Am Style-ish, blogger Tiffany does this and more.
- Glittered ombre seashells are beach-wedding perfect! The soft, romantic palette is also quite lovely. Check out Martha Stewart for the DIY.
- These DIY Glitter Shoes from GI 365 are a great, inexpensive way to pep up your wedding heels. You could also have fun experimenting with a design on the soles of your shoes- creating hearts or an ‘I Do’ message or what about using that canvas to add your ‘something blue’?